Who we are
Hi, we are Gemma and Andrew Boak, owners and hosts of Stay In Burythorpe. Our website address is: https://kingfisherandyew.uk and we are responsible for your personal information.
We will keep your information secure and only use the information provided in accordance with data protection legislation and the terms of this privacy notice
This privacy notice is separate from our booking conditions and other information on our website and does not replace or supersede them.
We have tried to keep this document easy to read – if you are unsure about any element, please do contact us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect personal details when we need to and this may include:
- Contact details (including phone number, address and email address)
- Payment details (when you pay online your card details are processed using the secure payment processor Stripe whose policy can be found here).
- Booking information
We only collect data to make sure we can effectively process your booking – if you do not provide it, then we may be unable to host your stay (more formally – we may be unable to enter into a contract with you and need to cancel your booking). If this is the case, we will tell you, and will not be liable to you.
How we use your information and why.
We only collect your information when we need it and our use case applies to one or more of the following lawful bases:
- Where we need to process personal information in order to perform the contract we have entered into with you or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- Where we have your consent
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where it is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
For example, processing your booking and making notes on how we can personalise your stay – providing additional items for your dog for example would be covered by consent, legitimate interest and contract as the legitimate interest.
For example, sharing your name with an ambulance crew should we need to call for medical assistance is a legitimate interest, as is customer services and emailing you about something we think you will find interesting.
Who will you share my data with?
We may share your data with:
- Our cleaning staff and other employees or contractors so they can provide our services to you. They are forbidden from using your data for their own purposes.
- Professional advisers who provide us with services such as lawyers, auditors, accountants and IT support.
- Credit/ debit card companies and payment service providers
- Government agencies, regulators and other authorities if they have a legal ground to request it
- Third parties you have authorised us to speak to eg: if you need us to liaise with your Waitrose delivery driver because you’re running late, we may need to share your name for example.
Updating your details
It is important that the details we have for you are correct. If any of your details change, then please contact us to let us know – preferably via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to change how we use your data, for example, you don’t want emails after your stay, then just drop me a message and I’ll update your preferences.
How long will we keep your details for?
We will only keep your information for as long as necessary. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, any legal or regulatory requirements and any relevant industry standards or guidelines. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner or anonymised so that it can no longer be associated with you.
You have the right to do pretty much whatever you want to do with your data and we won’t charge you for it unless we think you’ve made something excessively complicated (not a challenge).
You can find the most up-to-date information on what you can ask us to do with your data if you click here.
Obviously, if you ask us to delete all your data before your stay, we will be unable to keep your booking.
Additional use cases – using our website
We refer to our booking site: https://www.stayinburythorpe.co.uk
Comments have been turned off but some
spammers individuals seem to have found a way to send us information so this is for anyone who manages to find a way to leave a comment:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We recommend you do not upload any media to the website.